[Marxism] Man admits making Molotov cocktails for convention
Jeffrey Thomas Piercy
2008-10-22 15:31:43 UTC
And you people thought they harassed protesters with no justification!

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/10/22/america/Convention-Plea.php

Man admits making Molotov cocktails for convention

MINNEAPOLIS: Federal officials in Minneapolis say a man suspected of
planning to attack the Republican National Convention has pleaded guilty
to possessing Molotov cocktails.

The U.S. attorney's office in Minneapolis says 23-year-old Matthew
Bradley DePalma of Flint, Mich., entered his plea Tuesday to a charge of
possession of destructive devices.

Authorities say DePalma had made at least five Molotov cocktails by the
time he was arrested on Aug. 28.

He had allegedly told an FBI informant he planned to attack the
convention site in St. Paul and had described a plan to use the fire
bombs on police.

DePalma has not yet been sentenced. He faces a maximum of 10 years in
prison.
--
Human: An animal so lost in loathing contemplation of what it thinks it
is as to overlook what it ought to be.
Aaron Aarons
2008-10-22 22:04:45 UTC
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 08:31:43 -0700
From: Jeffrey Thomas Piercy <mqduck at sonic.net>
Subject: [Marxism] Man admits making Molotov cocktails for convention
And you people thought they harassed protesters with no justification!
Are you a cop-lover trying to use one individual case to justify the massive police repression of protesters?

- Aaron
prison.
Les Schaffer
2008-10-23 00:51:22 UTC
Post by Aaron Aarons
Are you a cop-lover trying to use one individual case to justify the massive police repression of protesters?
i'd like an explanation of what this comment means and what it is doing
here on this list.

Les
Aaron Aarons
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 08:31:43 -0700
From: Jeffrey Thomas Piercy <mqduck at sonic.net>
And you people thought they harassed protesters with no justification!
http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/10/22/america/Convention-Plea.php
Man admits making Molotov cocktails for convention
[SNIP]

Piercy's single sentence introducing the news article he posted certainly strongly suggests that he believes that the cops were justified in harassing protesters. If there was some irony in his words that I missed, I apologize for taking him literally.

- Aaron
Jeffrey Thomas Piercy
2008-10-23 07:05:01 UTC
Post by Aaron Aarons
Piercy's single sentence introducing the news article he posted certainly strongly suggests that he believes that the cops were justified in harassing protesters. If there was some irony in his words that I missed, I apologize for taking him literally.
I was most definitely being sarcastic. I figured that should have gone
without saying. My point was that what I said is exactly what this
conviction is meant to prove.
Aaron Aarons
2008-10-23 09:11:08 UTC
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 00:05:01 -0700
From: Jeffrey Thomas Piercy <mqduck at sonic.net>
Post by Aaron Aarons
Piercy's single sentence introducing the news article he posted certainly strongly suggests that he believes that the cops were justified in harassing protesters. If there was some irony in his words that I missed, I apologize for taking him literally.
I was most definitely being sarcastic. I figured that should have gone
without saying. My point was that what I said is exactly what this
conviction is meant to prove.
I'm fairly new to this list and haven't read much by you, so I took your words at face value. I regret the error, but I might point out that others who come across your post -- in the archives, for example -- might have no more of a clue than I had as to your real attitude.

- Aaron